For Mental Health Professionals
While Gam-Anon has no affiliation with any professional group and does not endorse any professional group, we do welcome the professional community to inquire about the Gam-Anon program.
Our literature shares much of our experience and we especially recommend the following:
- Games Compulsive Gamblers and We Play
- The Gam-Anon Way of Life
- Information for the Newcomer
- Demonstration Meeting with questions and answers ( audio CD )
- Is There a Gambling Problem in Your Family? is free and can be duplicated for distribution in your office and for professional group meetings.
- Gam-Anon Can Help is free and can be duplicated for distribution in your office and for professional group meetings.
Gam-Anon meetings are led by our members. We don't employ professional counselors. We recognize that for many members, personal emotional growth and repair of relationships require more than the peer group support and experience offered in our meetings and literature. Professional treatment is a welcomed resource for these members.